Thanksgiving is a holiday filled with many wonderful things. Yet, individuals may find themselves feeling stressed out with different foods, travel, immune challenges, and stress. These all affect health and wellbeing. Planning ahead and having a nutritional game plan can help you manage these concerns as the holiday season approaches.
Food & Digestion
Eating foods that you may not be used to, or foods cooked in a different way can bring on digestive challenges. Many individuals have food allergies or intolerances or a very sensitive system with poor digestion. An upset stomach can happen simply because of overeating and being off schedule with events and travel. Here are some things to consider.
1. Digestive Helper. This product provides a full-spectrum blend of plant-based enzymes that helps you digest all types of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also contains special enzymes to digest gluten and casein. This is especially helpful if you are gluten and dairy sensitive and have incidental exposure or cross contamination.*
Digestive Helper also contains slippery elm, marshmallow root, and DGL-licorice root that support the stomach’s mucosal barrier.*
Take at least 1-2 capsules at the beginning of the meal or with the first few bites of food to enhance digestion. If you consume a large meal or eat when stressed or on the run, you may need to take 2-3 capsules at the meal. If you feel stuffed, bloated, and abnormally full after the meal, you may take another 1-2 capsules at that time or 30-60 minutes after the meal.
Avoid ice cold beverages with a meal as the cold temperature impairs digestion. A leisurely walk after a meal also aids digestion.
Learn more about Digestive Helper.
2. Super Dophilus. Probiotics can help with the challenges of digestion and bowel motility. Beneficial bacteria also support your immune system and aid in the patrol against non-beneficial germ exposures.*
For general support, take 2 capsules of Super Dophilus once per day on an empty stomach. We recommend first thing in the morning or at bedtime. Super Dophilus may be taken with your other supplements or medications. This product is shelf stable for up to 30 days without refrigeration.
Learn more about Super Dophilus.
3. d-Limonene. This natural oil derived from orange peel provides support for gastric motility, detoxification, gallbladder support, and more. It helps occasional acid reflux or heartburn.*
d-Limonene is best taken at least 30 minutes prior to or after a meal. Take one capsule per day, or every other day if your system is sensitive.
Learn more about d-Limonene.
4. Bio Pure Protein. This helps soothe an upset stomach and supports the immune system at the same time. It is great for all ages, especially young kids. Mix in water, juice, or milk. Do not mix in a hot beverage or food.*
Learn more about BioPure Protein.
Travel, dining, working, or gathering in a crowded environment is worrisome for many. Keeping your immune system fortified and resilient with nutrients is fundamental to health.
1. Vitamin D. Every cell in your body requires vitamin D, especially your immune cells and master antioxidant glutathione. If you spend most of your time indoors, live in the northern latitudes, use sunscreen, or restrict intake of vitamin D rich foods (animal, dairy, some mushrooms, packaged vitamin D fortified foods), your vitamin D status will likely be less than optimal.*
Consider vitamin D supplementation intake of 5,000 IU per day in the winter months. Even if you are outside in the summertime, many people can still lack optimal vitamin D. Get your vitamin D levels measured with a blood test at least once per year to evaluate your status.*
For short-term acute immune support needs, take 5,000 IU twice per day for 3-7 days.
Learn more about Vitamin D
Vitamin D and Your Immune System - Are You Getting Enough
2. Daily Protector Eye & Immune. This broad-spectrum blend of red-orange super food antioxidants helps build up your immune reserves with vitamin A, carotenes, zinc, NAC, and more. It naturally helps support glutathione production, the master antioxidant for your immune system and whole body. Daily Protector Eye & Immune also provides nutrients that support the natural mucosal barriers of the respiratory and gastrointestinal system which helps repel germs.*
Common dosage is 2-3 capsules per day for basic, ongoing foundational support and eye health. Higher doses of 6-12 capsules per day in divided doses may be used short-term to support high needs with respiratory-immune system function. Good nutritional reserves help your body be ready for the immune challenges you face every day!*
Learn more about Daily Protector Eye & Immune
3. Immune Plus or Super Immune Booster
Immune Plus and Super Immune Booster both contain arabinogalactan, a type of prebiotic for your gut flora. This compound also aids natural killer cell and macrophage activity which supports lymphatic fluid management and congestion in your ears, sinuses, throat, and respiratory tract.*
Immune Plus is available in powder and capsules. The powder can be mixed in water, juice, milk, alternative dairy, yogurt, or apple sauce if it is difficult to swallow the capsules. It works great for those who spend time in crowded facilities like day care, schools, senior care facilities, etc.*
Immune Plus dosage for young children and general protection is ¼ - ½ teaspoon once per day. Dosage may be increased to ½ teaspoon 3-4 times per day when more immune support is needed. Adolescents and adults may use 1 teaspoon or 2-3 capsules once per day for general protection. During an acute challenge, dosage is 3 capsules at a time up to 4 times per day. We have had many teachers and parents say how much they like Immune Plus for themselves and their loved ones.*
Super Immune Booster contains additional ingredients like beta glucan (a type of mushroom extract), olive leaf extract, and colostrum. This provides more comprehensive immune and germ management support.*
Super Immune Booster is my favorite for managing an immune challenge. Basic support is 1-2 capsules per day. For mild to moderate concerns, use 4-6 capsules per day in divided doses. Higher doses of 2-4 capsules at one time up to 4 times per day may be used for more intense support.*
Learn more about Super Immune Booster.
Learn more about Immune Plus.
4. Colloidal Silver. This product works great at the first sign of a scratchy throat. Mix 1 dropper full or one teaspoon in 2-3 ounces of water. Gargle then spit the solution out. You may also take one teaspoon 1-4 times per day during an acute challenge. Do not use for longer than 2 weeks at a time.*
Learn more about Colloidal Silver.
5. Oregano Oil. This is a strong product that provides immune, respiratory, and gastrointestinal support. Many individuals take 1-2 capsules prior to traveling on a plane or bus and then repeat again when they reach their destination. It may be taken with other immune products as desired. Higher doses may be used as tolerated. Take it with food if you have a sensitive stomach. Do not use it if you have acute acid reflux.*
Learn more about Oregano Oil.
Oregano Oil Shines for GI Health and Immunity
Holidays, travel, family gatherings, difficult weather, and more causes stress. A little extra nutritional support can go a long way to help you get through these challenges.
1. Basic support for stress. Consider RelaxaMag, B Vitamins, and Stress Helper. Use as needed during the day. RelaxaMag may be used day and night as needed to aid relaxation.*
2. Stress Tension and Sleep. Consider support such as Sleep Helper, TriCal, and Daily DHA to help with sleep and stress-induced anxiety. Products may be used day and night.*
3. Fatigue and Exhaustion. If you feel drained and exhausted, use support such as Pantethine, Super Coenzyme Q10, and Daily Detoxify. If this is a long-term concern, add in Adrenal Helper.*
4. Alcohol. Alcohol consumption adds its own stress to your body. Nutrients that would normally be used for normal daily support are used to detoxify alcohol. Use support such as Daily Detoxify, Glutathione Ultra, and I3C+DIM for significant needs and detoxification. Extra B vitamins or Daily Energy Multiple Vitamin are also helpful. Increase dietary fiber and gut health support as alcohol can feed yeast or worsen gut microbiome dysbiosis and affect intestinal lining integrity.*
5. Sugar. Many individuals find that their sweet tooth turns into a monster with the Halloween candy and holiday treats. Sugar buster support may be found in LeptiSlim, Gluco Plus, and also GI & Muscle Helper.*
A little extra protein and fiber with your meals also helps calm down the sugar cravings. Make sure you start your day off with a great breakfast as this sets the tone for the day. Stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, and boredom often make people reach for the treats. Be mindful.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year. Enjoy!
I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season with your family and friends! We appreciate you and thank you for your support and patronage!